050 · AUTUM 2009
Cartography of itineraries
Catalogue Exhibition Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, Madrid
[Fragment of Abstract from the exhibition]
Valcárcel Medina devises a series of circumstances that arise during the autumn of 2009 in different places of the Museum.
Despite the infrequency of the presentation of the artist’s works at the Museum Reina Sofía, he states: "I do not intend to do anything unusual, but help the public to intervene in them. I do not want something cryptic but accessible, communicable, but not in the sense of using the overused channels that do not cause interest or concern in the public”. More than a catalog, it is an artist materials’ book. Materials through which he maps the itineraries and documents the interventions and actions carried out.
During 3 months, Elii carried out the technical assistance to Isidoro Valcárcel Medina mapping the spaces and works of the permanent collection of the MNCARS.
1. Histories. History is declined in multiple ways.
Towards a pluralistic hermeneutics of art.
2. The criterion as focal point. Methodologies that reveal the museum as a device.
The exhibition criterion, the architecture and the ways of narrating History become the artwork.
3. Plans and maps. Mapping the collection and redescribing its spaces on surfaces of inscription.
The accuracy of representation techniques to evaluate the accuracy of collecting techniques.
- elii - Uriel Fogué, Eva Gil, Carlos Palacios
- elii – Enrico Forestieri
- MNCARS - Rafael García
- MNCARS (Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía)
- MNCARS, Edificio Sabatini